Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Arrival

Habari Gani (greetings)!

The first 48 hours have been great...I suppose I should back up a little to properly set the scene for you.

We made it to the airport with just a few ticks before boarding. Our first destination was Newark, and we took a small jet there. This was my first time touching down on the East coast, and therefore my first time seeing the NYC skyline and the Statue of Liberty live and in person-very exciting for me!!

Our stay there was short, and the next stop was Brussels, Belgium. I must say the plane ride was very relaxing, they constantly serve food and drinks which is a great distraction. One thing I thought was pretty cool, is they have real time animation showing you where you are, how far away your destination is, and the time & temperature. Minnesotan's I now know there is a least 1 place colder, its about 30,000 feet up- 56 degrees below zero!

After Brusels (about 8 hour flight) our next stop was Entebbe, Uganda, and finally made it to Nairobi a couple of hours later a little after 11 pm here. Friday night we shared laughs well into the morning.

Saturday and Sunday we had fun as well, so much so that those days need their own posts...stay tuned for that and to meet my hosts!

No comments:

Post a Comment